Monday, December 1, 2008

San Diego - Shopping and Chargers!


Deans friends from work are Chargers fans, and Dean is not but he doesnt hate the Chargers. So we decide to go to San Diego, and make a weekend of it. Dean and his friends would go to Charger game and us girls would shop. Sounds good to me. So in the picture on the far left is Deans Seargent Jason and his wife Maria, and then next to them is Scott and his wife and I cant remember her name that is bad, and then Deans partner Jose "louie" and his wife Tina. We met everyone down in Old Town on Saturday, and then Scott he is a former Marine he booked the hotel he said it was nice and got us a deal? hmmm.. I was not so excited about that, I am very picky about where I stay, but I kept an open mind. So after Old Town, we go to Hotel Circle and head to the Town and Country Resort.. Hmmm that sounds nice. Resort? The place was huge that must make it an resort. We pay and get checked in we decide to go to the room and meet back downstairs at 1700 to head out for dinner. We get to the room, and they are blue with flowers and wallpaper and smelled like old people. And this made sense, because all I saw at this place was old people. As you will see below there was a picture of a girl in a blue dress and apparently this picture was in all rooms. It is kinda freaky, looks very real and the eyes follow you. So at 1500 we decide to go down the pub at our "resort" and get some appetizers since Dean and I were starving, and Louie and Tina come with us. During our walk there, Tina was freaked out about the picture, so when we sat down in the pub we asked the waitress about it. The waitress goes on and on about this girl in the blue dress and how customers always write reviews and say to get rid of the freaky pictures. The waitress goes on to say how she has even seen the girl in the blue dress, but she has no idea who it is and any story behind it. Very strange but Tina is even more freaked out now. So I tried to take a picture of the girl and as you will see below it wouldnt come out. I took the picture 5 times, and this one was the best. Then the next picture is of Tinas husband Louie or Jose I call him Rocha because that is his last name. And there you have the white dot! Makes me wonder if the girl in the blue dress was maybe with us? Was the white dot on his jacket really a ghost spirit with us? The picture was taken on the Trolley leaving the hotel heading for Gaslamp for dinner. We made it downtown for dinner, we stopped at Dicks last resort for a drink that place is pretty cool, and then onto Lou and Barneys this is a steak house kinda like Mortons. Dinner was great then we walked around downtown for a bit and headed back to the hotel. The next day, the boys headed out to the game and the girls headed across from our hotel to the Fashion Valley Mall, I have to say this is the best mall I have ever been to. It has everystore you could think of, Gucci, Louis Vuiiton, Coach, Express, Lucky, etc... Kinda like a South Coast Plaza but it was an outside mall so it was casual. Very cool, would love to go back. When the guys were done with the game we walked back and met them at the trolley. The guys were all laughing as we were walking back. I guess they made bets as to who's wife would have bought the most!!! And im sure all my friends would have bet right along with them that it would be me.... But it wasnt... haha.. Dean and Jason both chose me to win, and Jasons wife Maria to come in second. But instead Maria won, and I came in last! Yes, it just wasnt my day.... We all had very different tastes so it was very hard to get my shopping mojo to work. I spent less than $50.00 very sad.. but Dean was very happy... And so this ended my weekend, we walked to our cars and we left. But I left my hubby there. Dean had a class this week in San Diego so he stayed and Jose and Tina brought me home. But we had so much fun, what a great group of friends he has. We laughed all weekend long..



Deans friends from work and the wives.

Doesnt he look "evil" and notice the white spot on his jacket right where his hand is? We once did a ghost tour in San Diego and the tour guide showed us alot of pictures of what he thought were ghosts and all that showed up was white spots just like this. This will make more sense why I am pointing this out when you read the story to go along with this picture. "Louie"


The girl in the blue dress from the hotel
Here is picture of hotel, it looks not as bad in this photo from their website.

No comments: